Amazon just gave new tricks we can try on Alexa.
Amazon has made new developments with Alexa, although they are still nowhere near what we really want her to do: wash the dishes, cook meals, and change our kids’ diapers, etc.
Nevertheless, Alexa is made more helpful, informative, and funny, making for a wonderful assistant and source of entertainment when you’ve come to find yourself bored with human interaction.
In its latest weekly update, Amazon listed down some new questions and instructions Alexa could now respond to:
- “Alexa, read ‘The Old Curiosity Shop’”
- “Alexa, speak slower”
- “Alexa, what have you learned today?”
- “Alexa, play talkSPORT”
- “Alexa, play the Radiolab podcast”
- “Alexa, what’s the capital of Tanzania?”
- Alexa, what’s the forecast for Rome?”
- “Alexa, play Trivia Hero”
- “Alexa, add a to-do”
- “Alexa, pair my phone”
- “Alexa, where’s the nearest cinema?”
- “Alexa, tell me a joke about coffee”
- “Alexa, set a chicken timer”
- “Alexa, Simon says ‘stop copying me’”
- “Alexa, reorder kitchen roll”
- “Alexa, give me a book recommendation”
- “Alexa, add an event to my calendar”
- “Alexa, give me an easy dinner recipe”
- “Alexa, turn off the bedroom light”
Slashed Prices for Echo Speakers
While the holiday sale has ended, Amazon’s discounts on its speakers continue to be available. The tech giant recently cut prices of some of its most in-demand Echo speakers.
The discounted, Alexa-compatible bunch includes the:
- Echo Dot (3rd Gen), $15 off;
- Amazon Echo (3rd Gen), $10 off;
- Echo Show 5, $20 off;
- Echo Show 8; $30 off; and
- Echo Dot Kids Edition — $15 off
Alexa’s Expanding Clientele
Since its launch, Amazon’s Echo speakers have been bringing convenience to our daily lives as it answers questions and allows us to control house switches, among others, with a voice command.
Amazon Echo continued to hold 70% of smart speakers installed in American households, which in the June 2019 quarter totaled 76 million.
At $49.99, you can have a virtual assistant that reads the news to you and advises whether you’ll be needing an umbrella for the day.
A 2019 study from market data firm Consumer Intelligence Research Partners showed that Amazon Echo continued to hold 70% of smart speakers installed in American households, which in the June 2019 quarter totaled 76 million.
Amazon’s Newest: Echo Studio
Because of its popularity, Amazon regularly releases updates on new features and rolls out new products. The latest is the Echo Studio from the last quarter of 2019.
At $99.99, the Echo Studio offers 3D music experience, one of the best audio wonders yet from an Amazon device.
This speaker has a 5.25-inch woofer and 330 watts of peak power. The Echo Studio has a 1-inch tweeter and three 2-inch midrange speakers that deliver dynamic midranges and crisp, high frequencies. In addition, it has a 24-bit digital-to-analog converter and a power amplifier with 100 kilohertz of bandwidth for high-res and lossless music playback.