Want to use your Galaxy Buds, Buds Pro, Buds Live, or Buds + with your PC or mobile devices? Read on to discover how.
Pairing the Galaxy Buds to a Galaxy phone is super fast – the whole process could take less than 15 seconds, thanks to the automatic pop-up pairing notification. But the problem arises when you want to use your Galaxy Buds, Buds Pro, Buds Live, or Buds+ with an iPhone, Mac, or a Windows PC.
Sure, you can pair them with most Bluetooth devices that support wireless audio. But with the absence of the automatic pairing feature, not everyone can easily figure out how you can actually use these with non-compatible devices.
If you’re one of those, worry not! This article will show you the step-by-step guides on how you can connect them to Samsung Galaxy phones, Android, iPhone, Mac, and Windows devices.
Let’s dive right in.
How to Put Galaxy Buds Into Pairing Mode
The setup process for Galaxy Buds is especially effortless with Samsung Galaxy phones. The automatic pop-up prompt allows you to pair your buds with just one tap.
However, if you want to use Galaxy Buds with non-Samsung devices, you’ll need to switch them into pairing mode and initiate a manual connection. Here are two ways to do so:
Via the charging case
- If your Galaxy Buds are out of the charging case, put them back inside the case.
- Close the case, and wait for 5-6 seconds.
- Open the case lid, and your Galaxy Buds should enter Bluetooth pairing mode.
Via the touch sensors
If you have connected them with another device, you’ll need to turn on pairing mode manually. Here’s how to do it:
- Put your earbuds in your ears.
- Hold both Buds’ touch sensors for around 10 seconds.
- Wait until you hear slow successive ‘beeps’ that confirm your buds are in pairing mode.
How to Connect Galaxy Buds to Samsung Devices
The Galaxy Wearable is a fantastic app that will help you connect and manage your Samsung buds, watch, and band in a more integrated environment. The app also allows you to take full control of your earbuds on most Android and iPhone devices. But there are unique features that are only available for Samsung Galaxy phones.
Pairing your buds with your Samsung devices through the Galaxy Wearable app is effortless and can be done in a few seconds. Here’s how you can do so:
- Download the Galaxy Wearable app from Google Play Store.
- Turn on the Bluetooth on your Samsung phone.
- Open the charging case to enter the buds into pairing mode. There should be a pop-up that asks if you want to connect.
- If there is no pop-up, launch the Galaxy Wearable app and select your Galaxy Buds.
- Tap OK on the prompt to start pairing.
- You can also manually disconnect your buds through the Wearable app by tapping on the menu (☰) and selecting Disconnect.
How to Connect Galaxy Buds to Other Android Devices
You may love the Galaxy Buds, but not quite the Galaxy phones. If that’s the case, here’s a guide on how to pair Galaxy Buds to other Android devices:
- Turn your Galaxy buds to pairing mode.
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your Android device, then turn it on.
- Wait for your phone to detect the Galaxy Buds. Tap your Galaxy Buds’ name to start pairing.
How to Connect Galaxy Buds to an iPhone
The AirPods are the go-to choice to get that seamless Apple ecosystem experience if you’re using an iPhone. However, there’s no reason to avoid using Galaxy Buds if you prefer their shape, sound profile, or other aspects. Here’s how you can connect the Galaxy Buds to an iPhone.
- Make sure to disconnect your Galaxy Buds from other devices. To do this, you can put them into the charging case for at least 6 seconds, or manually disconnect them using the Galaxy Wearable app.
- Turn the Galaxy Buds to pairing mode.
- Turn on your Bluetooth, and tap your Buds’ name to start pairing.
How to Connect Galaxy Buds to a Windows Laptop or PC
Though the Wearable App is only available for mobile devices, you can still use the Galaxy Buds on a Windows PC or laptop. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Galaxy Buds case with the earpieces inside. It should put the Buds into pairing mode and make them discoverable by your laptop or PC.
- On your Windows PC or laptop, head to the Settings menu (or press the Windows key + I) and go to Device > Bluetooth & other devices.
- Click on Add Bluetooth or other devices > Bluetooth and wait for your PC to find your Galaxy Buds.
- Once they’re visible, click on their name, and you should be good to go.
How to Connect Galaxy Buds to Mac
Like pairing the Galaxy Buds to another Windows PC or laptop, you can also pair them to Mac devices just as quickly. Here’s a complete instruction to pairing Galaxy Buds to Mac devices:
- Open the Galaxy Buds case to get them into pairing mode. You’ll also need to disconnect them from any connected device before you can start pairing them to your Mac device.
- Open up the Bluetooth menu on your apple device.
- Find the Galaxy Buds under the Bluetooth devices list, and click ‘Connect.’
What to Expect When Connecting Galaxy Buds to Non-Compatible Devices
While you can use Galaxy Buds on most Bluetooth devices other than Samsung phones, some functions may be missing on devices from other brands. Since the Galaxy Buds are Samsung products, they work better with other Samsung devices.
Here are some of the Samsung-exclusive features that you’ll miss when using Galaxy Buds on non-compatible devices:
- Seamless switching: Automatically switch your buds’ audio input between two Samsung devices.
- 360 Audio: Immersive audio profile, which is only available for devices running the latest One UI (Samsung’s custom Android).
- Buds Together: This allows you to pair two sets of Galaxy Buds to listen to the same music. It’s similar to Apple’s feature that enables you to pair two sets of AirPods to one phone.
- Gaming Mode: Bluetooth audio often has a slight latency, which results in delayed sound. Gaming Mode reduces the audio latency in exchange for higher battery consumption.
- Bixby Voice Assistant: You won’t be able to use Samsung’s in-house voice assistant, but you can still use Google, Alexa, or Siri by configuring touch inputs.
- Automatic pairing: The Galaxy Buds will automatically initiate a pairing sequence with a Samsung phone when you open the case. Non-Samsung phones require manual pairing.
You can still use the active noise cancellation regardless of the device because it’s already activated out of the box. However, you can only customize the noise-canceling intensity through the Galaxy Wearable for Android devices or the Galaxy Buds+ app for iOS.
It’s also worth noting that the Galaxy Buds app for iOS is lagging in update and support. The last recorded update on their app is November 2020. So while you can still use your Galaxy Buds+ and Buds Live on iOS with essential features, you can expect the app to be less polished than the Android version.
The Galaxy Buds product lineups are versatile and high-quality TWS that you can pair with virtually any Bluetooth device that supports audio playback. But if you’re not using Samsung’s Galaxy phones lineup, you will have to settle on some ecosystem exclusive features.
Now that you’ve learned how you can pair your Galaxy Buds on various devices and platforms, you can start vibing to your favorite tunes no matter which device you’re using. What do you think about Samsung’s Galaxy Buds? Let us know in the comments.