Discover how to use your Galaxy Buds with any device in this comprehensive guide.
The Galaxy Buds weren’t only made to pair with Samsung devices. They can also work with any device, such as your other Android and iOS devices, PC, TV, and Smart Watch.
However, some users find connecting the Galaxy Buds to some devices complicated, especially with the limited compatibility the Buds App offers.
Fortunately, you can also connect your Galaxy Buds with any device manually through the Bluetooth settings. Read on as we guide you through all the ways you can connect your Galaxy Buds on any device below!
In This Article
- How to Put Galaxy Buds Into Pairing Mode
- How to Connect Galaxy Buds to Android Devices
- How to Connect Galaxy Buds to an iPhone
- How to Connect Galaxy Buds to a Windows Laptop or PC
- How to Connect Galaxy Buds to Mac
- How to Connect Galaxy Buds to TV
- How to Connect Galaxy Buds to Samsung Watch
- FAQs on Connecting Your Samsung Galaxy Buds
How to Put Galaxy Buds Into Pairing Mode
The setup process for Galaxy Buds is especially effortless with Samsung devices. This is all thanks to the automatic pop-up prompt, which allows you to pair your buds with just one tap.
However, if you want to use Galaxy Buds with non-Samsung devices (or if this pop-up fails), you’ll need to switch them into pairing mode. This will make Galaxy Buds discoverable, allowing you to initiate a manual connection between the two devices.
This can be accomplished in two ways:
Via the charging case
- If your Galaxy Buds are out of the charging case, put them back inside the case.
- Close the case, and wait for 5-6 seconds.
- Open the case lid, and your Galaxy Buds should enter Bluetooth pairing mode.
Via the touch sensors
If you have connected them with another device and wish to connect to another, you’ll need to turn on pairing mode manually. Here’s how to do it:
- Put your earbuds in your ears.
- Hold both Buds’ touch sensors for around 10 seconds.
- Wait until you hear slow successive ‘beeps’ that confirm your buds are in pairing mode.
How to Connect Galaxy Buds to Android Devices
The Samsung Galaxy Buds can be easily connected to Android and Apple devices. There are two ways to do this: through the Galaxy Wearable app or manual connection.
Let’s discuss these options in more detail.
How to connect Galaxy Buds to Android via the Galaxy Wearable App
The Galaxy Wearable app provides an integrated platform for users to connect and manage their Samsung buds, watch, and band. This app also lets you control your earbuds on most Android devices, although some special features are restricted only to Samsung devices.
To connect to your Android device using the app, follow these steps:
- Download the Galaxy Wearable app from the Google Play Store.
- Turn on the Bluetooth on your Android device.
- Open the buds’ charging case to enter pairing mode. Then, tap Connect in the pop-up window that appears on your device .
- If there is no pop-up, launch the Galaxy Wearable app and select your Galaxy Buds.
- Tap OK to start pairing.
You can also manually disconnect your buds through the Wearable app by tapping on the menu (☰) and selecting Disconnect.
How to connect Galaxy Buds to Android manually
If the Wearable app didn’t work for you, or if you simply don’t want to download the app to save on storage, you can also connect your Galaxy Buds directly to your Android device.
- Turn on pairing mode for your Galaxy Buds.
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your Android device, then turn it on.
- Wait for your phone to detect the Galaxy Buds. Then, tap your Galaxy Buds’ name to start pairing.
How to Connect Galaxy Buds to an iPhone
If you’re among the over 1 million people using an iPhone, you might be wondering if connecting your Galaxy Buds to it will be challenging.
The good news is that it isn’t all that difficult, whether connecting manually or via the Samsung Galaxy Buds app. Let’s talk about each method below.
How to connect Galaxy Buds to iPhone via the Samsung Galaxy Buds app
The Galaxy Buds app is the proprietary software for iOS devices that not only allows a more seamless connection but also access to other features such as Find My Earbuds, access battery status, use ANC with compatible earbuds, and much more.
If this is your first time using the Samsung Galaxy app, follow these steps:
- Open the Samsung Galaxy Buds app and tap Get Started.
- Turn your earbuds to pairing mode.
- Choose your Galaxy Buds from the list of devices on the on-screen menu and wait for the pairing setup to finish. Sometimes, a pop-up will appear asking whether you wish to ‘send diagnostic information’. This will help you identify potential issues with your earbuds should the need arise. Select Agree if you wish to use this feature.
How to connect Galaxy Buds to iPhone manually
Any user can manually connect their Galaxy Buds with their iPhone. Here’s how:
- Turn the Galaxy Buds to pairing mode.
- Turn on your iPhone’s Bluetooth by going to Settings > Bluetooth and tapping the toggle to green.
- Wait for your Buds’ name to appear on the available Bluetooth devices, then tap to start pairing.
How to Connect Galaxy Buds to a Windows Laptop or PC
Though the Wearable App is only available for mobile devices, you can still connect Samsung Galaxy Buds to laptops and PCs. The process will be quite similar to pairing with other Bluetooth devices.
Here’s how to pair your Galaxy Buds to laptop computers and PCs:
- Turn the Galaxy Buds into pairing mode.
- On your Windows PC or laptop, head to the Settings menu (or press the Windows key + I) and go to Device > Bluetooth & other devices.
- Click on Add Bluetooth or other devices > Bluetooth and wait for your PC to find your Galaxy Buds.
- Once they’re visible, click on their name, and you should be good to go.
How to Connect Galaxy Buds to Mac
Similar to connecting Galaxy Buds to a Windows PC or laptop, you can also pair your earbuds with Mac devices just as quickly. Here are the complete instructions for pairing Galaxy Buds with Mac devices:
- Make the Galaxy Buds discoverable by enabling the pairing mode. For good measure, disconnect them from any device before you start pairing them to your Mac.
- Go to System Settings, then click Bluetooth.
- Find the Galaxy Buds under Nearby Devices, then click Connect.
How to Connect Galaxy Buds to TV
Samsung’s entire Galaxy Buds lineup can also connect to Smart TVs from Samsung and other brands.
- Put your Galaxy Buds into pairing mode.
- In your Samsung TV, go to Home or Menu. Then, click Settings.If you’re using a different brand for your Smart TV, check your manufacturer’s protocols for detailed instructions on how to pair them with Bluetooth earbuds.
- If you’re using 2017, 2018, or 2019 Samsung Smart TVs, head over to Sound > Sound Output > Bluetooth Speaker List. For the more recent Samsung Smart TVs, go directly to Sound Output, then Bluetooth Speaker List.
- Select your Galaxy Buds to complete pairing.
How to Connect Galaxy Buds to Samsung Watch
You can also connect your Galaxy Buds to your Samsung Watch for added convenience on the go.
Here’s what you need to do:
- On your Samsung Watch, go to Settings.
- Tap Connections, then Bluetooth.
- Turn on Bluetooth, then put your Galaxy Buds into pairing mode.
- Once done, go to Bluetooth audio or Bluetooth headset. Wait for the watch to detect your earbuds, then tap on your Galaxy Buds’ name to connect.
FAQs on Connecting Your Samsung Galaxy Buds
- What to expect when connecting Galaxy Buds to non-compatible devices
- How do I disconnect Galaxy Buds?
- Can I connect Galaxy Buds with two devices simultaneously?
- Why are my Galaxy Buds not pairing?
What to expect when connecting Galaxy Buds to non-compatible devices
While you can connect your Galaxy Buds with different devices, that doesn’t mean you will get all of the features that come with a Samsung-exclusive connection. Let’s look at what features won’t work below:
- Seamless switching: Automatically switch your buds’ audio input between two Samsung devices.
- 360 Audio: Immersive audio profile, which is only available for devices running the latest One UI (Samsung’s custom Android).
- Buds Together: This allows you to pair two sets of Galaxy Buds to listen to the same music. It’s similar to Apple’s feature that enables you to pair two sets of AirPods to one phone.
- Gaming Mode: Bluetooth audio often has a slight latency, which results in delayed sound. Gaming Mode reduces the audio latency in exchange for higher battery consumption.
- Bixby Voice Assistant: You won’t be able to use Samsung’s in-house voice assistant with the standard Bluetooth connection. Luckily, you can still use Google, Alexa, or Siri by configuring touch inputs.
- Automatic pairing: The Galaxy Buds will automatically initiate a pairing sequence with a Samsung phone when you open the case. Non-Samsung phones require manual pairing.
How do I disconnect Galaxy Buds?
There are different methods to disconnect your Galaxy Buds from a connected device:
- Using the charging case: Remove your Galaxy Buds and place them inside the charging case. Once you close the lid, the earbuds’ connection to your device will automatically be cut, thus disconnecting them.
- Using the Galaxy Wearable app: Go to Menu in the Galaxy Wearable app and tap Disconnect.
- Manually unpairing your earbuds from your device: Go to your device’s Bluetooth settings, then tap the Settings icon next to your Galaxy Buds’ name. Select Unpair.
Can I connect Galaxy Buds with two devices simultaneously?
An exciting feature of the Galaxy Buds is their ability to connect to two devices simultaneously. This means you won’t need to reset or unpair your Galaxy Buds from your device before connecting them to another.
To pair your earbuds with another device, follow these steps:
- Turn on Bluetooth for the device you will be pairing to your earbuds.
- Insert the Galaxy Buds into your ears. Then, hold the touchpads of both earbuds for a few seconds until you hear a constant sound, signifying they are in pairing mode.
- Go to your device’s Bluetooth settings, and select your Galaxy Buds to finish pairing. Alternatively, you can use the Galaxy Wearable app, go to Menu and tap Add new device.If you’re having trouble pairing your Galaxy Buds with your second device, disconnect to the first, then try again.
With the Galaxy Buds, you can also quickly and easily switch between connected devices. Here’s how:
- Disconnect from your current device by going to Bluetooth settings and tapping your Galaxy Buds’ name.
- Then, open the Bluetooth settings on your other device. Tap on your earbuds’ name to connect.
However, switching connections across devices signed into the same Samsung account is even easier. This is because Galaxy Buds’ pairing information gets synced across these devices via the Samsung account.
To connect to your preferred Samsung device, go to its Bluetooth settings, then select your Galaxy Buds. Your Galaxy Buds will be connected instantly to your new device!
Why are my Galaxy Buds not pairing?
Multiple factors can prevent your Galaxy Buds from pairing or connecting properly.
For instance, if your Galaxy Buds run out of battery, they won’t be able to pair with any device until they get charged. If your device is too far from your Galaxy Buds, they also won’t pair correctly.
Furthermore, leaving your earbuds out of the case longer than 3 minutes will stop them from pairing.
Bluetooth issues may also render your device temporarily unable to detect your Galaxy Buds. In these cases, a simple reset of your Galaxy Buds should be enough to fix the problem.
However, more serious glitches, like software bugs, may need a stronger reset. When this happens, you can consider doing a factory reset to eliminate malfunctioning settings. This will also wipe your other settings, so treat this as a last resort.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Place both earbuds inside the charging case.
- Keep the case’s lid open as you hold it near your device.
- Launch the Galaxy Wearable or Samsung Galaxy Buds app on your device.
- Scroll down to About earbuds.
- Tap Reset, then confirm Reset in the pop-up window.
The Samsung Galaxy Buds offer portability and superb audio quality, on top of other handy functionalities, such as simultaneous pairing.
So, we hope this guide has taught you how to make the most out of your Galaxy Buds. With this guide, you can surely connect your Galaxy Buds to all kinds of devices (including your Smart TV!).
Did this guide help you navigate your new Galaxy Buds? Think we missed out on potential devices to connect your earbuds with? Let us know in the comments!
Galaxy ear bud 2 not compatible with note 8 SM-N950F can u pls suggest any alternate.
how can I pair Galaxy earbuds with RHA Wireless Flight Adaptor ? (I have iphone not Samsung)
finally connected my buds to my laptop. thank u so much!!
Thank you so much, it was really heplful
Thank you! Great quick tutorial.