The world’s most popular wireless earbuds just got even better with some top-notch features.
- Includes USB-C charging, dust resistance, and Lossless Audio support with Apple Vision Pro
- There are also audio upgrades powered by iOS17, with features like Adaptive Audio and Conversation Awareness
- The AirPods Pro 2nd Generation will go on sale starting September 22 across various countries, including the U.S
At the iPhone 15 announcement event, Apple introduced several hardware and software upgrades to its popular AirPods Pro (2nd generation). The latest iteration boasts the long-awaited USB-C charging capabilities, additional dust protection, as well as enhanced audio experiences due to the incorporation of Lossless Audio provided by Apple Vision Pro.
But that’s not all! Read on to find out all the changes made to the latest AirPods Pro (2nd generation).
What’s New with the AirPods Pro (2nd Generation)
- USB-C charging capability: Your iPhone can now charge your AirPods!
- Lossless Audio with Apple Vision Pro: The H2 chip allows support of 20-bit, 48kHz Lossless Audio between AirPod Pro 2 and the Vision Pro
- Adaptive Audio: Blends Transparency mode and Active Noise Cancellation to dynamically adjust to the sound in the user’s surrounding
- Conversation Awareness: Able to lower volume during close-range conversations
- Personalized Volume: Automatically fine-tuned the listening experience over time, based on users’ preferred volume settings and their environmental conditions.
- Dust resistance: IP54 rated
- 2X more Active Noise Cancellation: Reduces noise at 48000 times per second
- Improved Transparency mode
- More Immersive Spatial Audio experience
- Extended range of ear tip sizes: 4 pairs of silicone tips to ensure a more personalized fit
Pricing and Availability
The AirPods Pro (2nd generation) with MagSafe Charging Case (USB‑C) will be selling at a price of $249 in the United States and over 30 other countries and regions, starting September 22, 2023.
Strong Sustainability Focus
Additionally, in keeping with Apple’s commitment to environmental responsibility, the new AirPods Pro incorporated several sustainable materials.
These included the use of 100% recycled rare earth elements in all magnets and 100% recycled gold in the plating of various printed circuit boards.
90% or more of the package is also made from fiber-based materials.
By 2025, the company aims to completely remove plastic from all packaging.