Say goodbye to your pairing woes with this all-in-one guide to resetting your Skullcandy wireless earbuds.
Skullcandy offers built-in reset functions for all of its wireless earbuds. This functionality makes it easy to navigate and resolve performance and connectivity issues.
Unfortunately, Skullcandy earbuds don’t come with a reset button. So, resetting your wireless earbuds can be confusing, especially as the process differs across models.
Luckily, the reset procedure for Skullcandy earbuds is pretty straightforward if you know what model you’re using. In this article, we’ll cover the reset process for all models and variants of Skullcandy wireless earbuds. Read on to learn more!
How to Unpair Skullcandy Earbuds From Your Device
Unpairing your Skullcandy wireless earbuds from your device is a critical first step toward a successful reset. This prevents your earbuds from attempting to connect with your device as you’re resetting them.
To unpair your Skullcandy earbuds from your device, follow these steps:
- Go to your device’s Bluetooth Settings.
- Look for your Skullcandy earbuds on the list of paired Bluetooth devices.
- Tap on the Settings icon (for Android) or ‘i’ icon (for iOS) beside your earbuds’ name, then select Forget This Device.
How to Reset Skullcandy Indy Earbuds
To reset your Indy earbuds, you simply need to tap the control touch panel at the center of each earbud, where the Skullcandy logo is printed.
However, the Indy variants have slight variations in the resetting process. Here’s how you can reset each one:
- Place your Indy Wireless earbuds inside the charging case.
- Take out the right earbud.
- Tap the control touch panel 4 times to turn it off and reset it.To know if this step worked, the LED must turn red. If this doesn’t happen, repeat the above step until the color of the LED changes to red.
- Put the right earbud back into the case.
- Remove the left earbud this time, then repeat steps 2 and 3.
Indy Evo and Fuel
- Remove both earbuds from the case.
- Turn them off by holding the control touch panel for both earbuds for 6 seconds.
- Touch and hold the same button for 10 seconds to completely reset the earbuds.
Indy ANC and ANC Fuel
- Take out the earbuds from the case.
- Touch and hold the control touch panel for each earbud for 6 seconds.
- Hold the same button on each earbud for 15 seconds or until the LED turns blue.
- While the LED is blue, tap the control touch panel on each earbud twice. The LED should change to purple, signifying that the earbuds have been reset.
How to Reset Skullcandy Sesh Earbuds
The Sesh earbuds feature a simple but convenient design, where the control button spans the surface of each earpiece. This is easy to spot, as it’s where the Skullcandy logo is printed.
To reset your Sesh earbuds, you only need to press this button. But how you press it will vary depending on the variant you’re using.
Follow these steps to reset your Sesh Evo, Sesh Wireless, or Sesh ANC:
- Take out only the left earbud from the charging case.
- Press the control button 6 times to automatically turn it off. The LED should flash red if the earbud has been successfully powered off.
- Put the earbud back into the charging case.
- Take out the right bud, then repeat steps 2 and 3.
- Take out your Sesh Evo earbuds from the case.
- Press the control button for 4 seconds on both earbuds to manually power them off.
- Press the same button for both earbuds for 10 seconds to fully reset them.
- Remove your earbuds from the charging case. A tone will then indicate that the earbuds are on.
- Press and hold the control button for both earbuds for 3 seconds.
- The earbuds will flash red twice and then blue twice. Afterward, you will hear a tone signifying a successful reset.
How to Reset Skullcandy Grind Earbuds
The Skullcandy Grind earbuds are similar in design to the Sesh earbuds. As with the Sesh, the control button is found at the earpiece, made distinguishable by the Skullcandy logo. You will also need to press this same button to reset your earbuds.
- Take out both earbuds from the case and wait for a voice prompt saying your earbuds are turned on.
- Get the right earbud then press and hold its control button for 3 seconds. This will reset both earbuds.
How to Reset Skullcandy Push Earbuds
Resetting the Skullcandy Push earbuds is as easy as pressing the control button.
For the Push Wireless, this is situated just beside the Skullcandy logo on the earpiece. For the Push Ultra, this is the button where the Skullcandy logo is printed. Meanwhile, the control button is placed on the inner side of each earpiece for the Push Active.
Here’s how to reset your Push Wireless, Push Ultra, or Push Active earbuds:
- Remove both earbuds from the charging case.
- Turn off your Push Wireless earbuds by pressing the control button on the left earbud for 5 seconds.
- Hold the control button of both earbuds for 12 seconds to fully reset them.
- Release the control buttons when the LEDs flash blue and red.
- Take out both earbuds.
- Touch and hold the control button for each one for 6 seconds. This will manually turn them off.
- Touch and hold the same button for both earbuds for 10 seconds to finish resetting. The LEDs should flash blue and then red.
- Remove both earbuds from the charging case, and wait for a voice prompt stating that the earbuds are on.
- Take the right earbud and press and hold its control button for 3 seconds. You will hear a tone indicating a successful reset, and the right earbud should flash purple thrice afterward.
How to Reset Skullcandy Jib Wireless Earbuds
The Jib Wireless, Jib+ Wireless, and Jib+ Active Wireless earbuds look identical, with a multifunction in-line remote housing the mic and track control button. However, the Jib+ and Jib+ Active also have volume control buttons in the in-line remote.
To reset these models, you can simultaneously press the track controls or hold the volume keys.
Follow these steps to reset your Jib Wireless, Jib+ Wireless, or Jib+ Active Wireless earbuds:
- With your Jib earbuds turned on, press the control button for 3 seconds to turn them off.
- Press the control button for 10 seconds to reset the earbuds and turn them back on.
Jib+ and Jib+ Active Wireless
- With your Jib earbuds turned on, press the + and – buttons until the LED changes color.
- Press the track control button for 3 seconds to turn them off and complete the reset.
How to Reset Skullcandy Jib True Wireless Earbuds
In the Jib True Wireless earbuds, the control button protrudes from the surface of the earpiece. The Skullcandy logo is embossed on the button, making it easy to spot.
Here’s how to reset the different Jib True Wireless earbuds:
Jib True and True 2
- Take out your earbuds from the case
- Simultaneously long-press the control button for both earbuds for 4 seconds.
- Press the control button for both earbuds for 10 seconds to completely reset them, then place them back inside the charging case.
Jib True XT 2
- Remove both earbuds from the charging case and wait for a voice prompt saying the earbuds are powered on.
- Press the control button for both earbuds twice.
- Press the same button for 2 seconds.The pattern to follow for this step is press-release-press-release-long press.
- Wait for the earbuds to flash red twice and then blue twice. A voice prompt should then say that the earbuds have been successfully reset.
How to Reset Skullcandy Mod Earbuds
The Mod earbuds boast a sleek and simple design, with the control button built into the earpiece. As with the previous models, you’ll also use this button to reset your Mod earbuds.
Sounds simple enough? Here are the steps to follow:
- Take out both earbuds from your charging case and wait for the voice prompt stating the earbuds are on.
- Press and hold the control button for both earbuds for 3 seconds, or until the earbuds flash red twice, then blue twice again.
- Wait for the voice prompt stating the earbuds have been reset successfully.
How to Reset Skullcandy Dime Earbuds
To reset your Dime earbuds, you’ll need to press the control button at each earbud’s stem.
Follow these steps to reset your Dime, Dime 2, or Dime XT earbuds:
- Remove your earbuds from the case to automatically turn them on.
- Press the control button twice on any earbud before pressing and holding the same button for 2 seconds.For reference, the cadence for this step is press-release-press-release-press and hold.
How to Reset Skullcandy Vinyl Earbuds
Wondering how to reset your Vinyl earbuds? The primary step is the same as all the other models–just press the control button. In the Vinyl earbuds, this button spans the surface of the earpiece.
Here’s how to reset them:
- Take out your Vinyl earbuds from the charging case.
- Manually turn them off by pressing the control button on both earbuds for 4 seconds.
- Press and hold the control button on both earbuds for 10 seconds to reset them fully. The LEDs should flash blue, then red.
How to Reset Skullcandy Spoke Earbuds
The Spoke earbuds are functionally and aesthetically similar to the Vinyl earbuds. As such, you’ll also need to press the earpiece’s control button to reset the Spoke earbuds.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Remove your earbuds from the case.
- Press the control button on both earbuds for 4 seconds to turn them off
- Press the control button on each earbud for 10 seconds. The LEDs should flash blue and then red to indicate that the earbuds have finished resetting.
How to Reset Skullcandy Method Earbuds
The Method earbuds differ in appearance from most Skullcandy wireless earbuds. This model features an in-line remote, which houses the Volume and the track control buttons.
- With the earbuds turned on, simultaneously press the Volume + and – keys until you hear two beeps and the LEDs flash blue and red.
- Press the track control button for 4 seconds to turn off your earbuds and complete the reset.
How to Reset Skullcandy Vert Wireless Earbuds
The Vert Wireless earbuds feature a unique design, using a large dial as the main control button.
To reset your Vert Wireless earbuds, you must rotate the dial’s outer ring while pressing the control button within the dial. You will also need to monitor the color of the LED placed on the earbuds’ outer ring.
Here are the steps to follow in resetting your Vert Wireless earbuds:
- Power on your Vert earbuds.
- Hold the dial and turn the outer ring clockwise while simultaneously pressing the center button for 3 seconds.
- The color of the LED on the outer ring should turn from red to blue, then finally, to green. This will indicate that the reset has been completed, and the earbuds are ready to pair again.
FAQs About Resetting Skullcandy Wireless Earbuds
Do you have other concerns regarding your Skullcandy earbuds? If so, these answers to the following frequently asked questions may have the information you need:
- What does resetting Skullcandy earbuds do?
- How do I resync my Skullcandy wireless earbuds?
- How do I resolve my Skullcandy earbuds not charging?
- Why are my Skullcandy earbuds not connecting?
What Does Resetting Skullcandy Earbuds Do?
Resetting your Skullcandy earbuds restores them to their factory or default state. In doing so, this resolves sound and connectivity issues that may have accidentally come up as you were configuring your earbuds:
- Sound issues: Audio lags and static sounds may occur due to problems in firmware. Restoring your firmware to its factory version can eliminate audio glitches quickly.
- Connection issues: Software errors can cause pairing problems, resulting in audio drops or instances of no audio at all. Resetting your earbuds removes these issues and gets them working as intended.
How do I resync my Skullcandy wireless earbuds?
- In your device, go to Bluetooth Settings, then turn Bluetooth on.
- Scroll down to the list of available devices, then select your Skullcandy earbuds.
- Tap on Pair or Connect when prompted to finish pairing.
How do I resolve my Skullcandy earbuds not charging?
Debris inside your charging case can cause charging issues, hindering your earbuds from achieving complete contact with the charging plate. To remedy this, clean your earbuds and case by thoroughly wiping them with a lint-free cloth or cotton buds dampened with alcohol.
Why are my Skullcandy earbuds not connecting?
Having outdated firmware can cause connectivity issues to persist, thus preventing your earbuds from pairing with your device. Firmware updates fix this issue by introducing bug patches and new features to improve your earbuds’ functionality.
To do this, download the Skullcandy app to receive firmware updates and install them when available.
Skullcandy offers convenience to a wide range of users, thanks to the variation in their wireless earbuds that allows them to cater to different consumers. However, this wide array of models makes it more challenging to find the appropriate set of instructions to reset the model you’re using.
Hopefully, this article has directed you to the correct process for resetting your Skullcandy wireless earbuds. You can now address your audio and connectivity issues without worries.
Did the steps we outlined work for the model you’re using? Think we missed anything? Let us know in the comments!