Learn how to activate Beats Pairing mode for different models and connect your wireless Beats headphones to your laptop and smartphones within minutes.
Unboxing your first pair of wireless Beats headphones is an exhilarating moment. But, before enjoying the exceptional sound quality, you may find that connecting them with your devices may not be as easy as you expected.
Here’s where it gets even trickier: each model has its unique set-up procedure.
That’s why it can be frustrating and time-consuming when you have to look for the instructions or figure out if you’re setting them up the right way. Of course, you wouldn’t want to wing it either and risk damaging your new Beats.
Thankfully, we’ve mapped out an easy-to-follow guide so you can connect any Beats headphones with your iPhone, Android, Mac, or Windows PC.
How to Activate Beats Pairing Mode
Since 2013, Beats have developed up to 8 models of headphones and each model comes with its own set of activation instructions.
Luckily, if it’s your first time using them, your Beats headphones should automatically be on pairing mode when turned on. If not, you need to manually activate the pairing mode depending on the model.
The key to pairing wireless Beats is knowing where the power button is located.
You can refer to the quick start guide that came with your headphones if you don’t know where the power button is. But here’s an overview of instructions to activate pairing mode for the different models for your convenience.
- Beats Flex: Press and hold the power button until the indicator light flashes.
- Powerbeats: Press and hold the button on the left earbud until the indicator light flashes.
- Powerbeats Pro: Place the earbuds in their case and leave the case open, and then press and hold the button inside the case until the light outside blinks.
- Solo Pro: Press and hold the “mode” button on the left earcup. This is also the button you’ll use to turn the noise-cancelling on and off.
- Beats Solo3 Wireless: Press the power button for 1 to 5 seconds until the Fuel Gauge’s light flashes.
- Beats Studio3 Wireless: Same steps as Beats Solo3 Wireless.
How to Connect Beats to iPhone
Once you successfully turn your Beats headphones to pairing mode, connecting them to the audio source is already quite intuitive. This is especially so for iOS devices. It should only take a couple of seconds for you to sync up your Beats with the iPhone.
Here’s how you can have a fuss-free time to connect Beats headphones to your iPhone:
- Select Settings app. Tap on the Bluetooth option.
- Turn on the toggle switch to enable Bluetooth if it isn’t already turned on for your iPhone or iPad.
- Once Bluetooth is on, all the available devices will be listed on the Bluetooth screen. For new Beats headphones, it should be discoverable under Other Devices.Alternatively, when you hold your Beats near your iPhone, it can automatically request to connect. If it doesn’t, press the power button on your headphones for 5 seconds. If you’re asked for a passcode, enter “0000.” Follow the instructions on your iPhone thereafter.
- Select your Beats headphones and it should indicate being connected under My Devices after successfully pairing with your iOS device.
How to Connect Beats to Android
Just like AirPods, Beats headphones also function well with Android phones despite being an Apple product. You can expect a seamless experience with minimal hiccups.
For this demonstration, we’ll be pairing with a Samsung device but the procedures can be similar with other Android models since they typically use the same interface.
Here’s how to connect wireless Beats to Android phone:
- Swipe down from the center of your Android home screen and select the Bluetooth logo.
- Turn on the Bluetooth toggle switch to enable Bluetooth function.
- After you’ve set your Beats into pairing mode, select the scan button to search for your Beats headphones.
- Your Beats should appear under Available Devices. Select your Beats and it should initiate pairing with your Android device.
- Your Beats headphones will now indicate as connected after the successful pairing.
How to Connect Beats to Mac
Despite coming from the same head company, unfortunately, there’s no pairing shortcut for Mac devices. Unlike your iPhone, you’ll have to manually connect them through the Bluetooth settings.
Fret not. The steps are straightforward and relatively hassle-free.
Here’s how you can connect Beats to Mac.
- Click on the Bluetooth logo and select Bluetooth Preferences on your desktop.
- Turn on your Bluetooth on Mac if you haven’t. Your Beats should be discoverable under the Devices tab. Click on Connect beside the Beats headphones you want to pair.
- Your Beats should indicate “connected” when successfully paired with Mac.
How to Connect Beats to Windows 10
Like the Mac, there’s no shortcut to pairing your Beats with Windows PC. Your best bet is to manually pair them through the system settings. It’s a few more steps but worth the effort.
Connect Beats Wireless to your PC in these 4 easy steps:
- Click on the Windows icon on the desktop and search for “Bluetooth” in the search field. Select Bluetooth and other device settings in the search results.
- Turn on the Bluetooth toggle and click on the Add Bluetooth or other device option.
- Select Bluetooth. Your Windows should be searching for all the nearby Bluetooth discoverable devices.
- After it has loaded, select your Beats headphones. You will receive a confirmation notification on your screen when your device is connected.
How to Fix Beats Connection Issues
Still unable to connect your Beats despite following our instructions? When it comes to connection issues, there are many factors to consider, including your battery and settings. But some may not be as obvious.
Before you conclude that your Beats are faulty, try out our following suggestions.
Make sure your Beats headphones are charged properly
You may experience weak connections from a lack of power. Make sure your Beats headphones are charged for at least 20 minutes; before attempting to pair with your device again.
Power cycle your Beats headphones & devices
Power Cycling is the act of turning off electrical devices through the main switch and turning it back on again. While underrated, it’s proven to be an effective method in solving connectivity issues. Simply turn off each device (Beats, laptop, smartphones, etc.) and turn them on again.
Reset your Beats headphones
Factory reset is a surefire method to remove any technical glitch. However, you’ll lose all the previously saved data and manually re-pair your Beats one device at a time.
Check for Settings issues
It’s not odd to encounter problems with the device you’re pairing with. Since your PC/Mac is a complex device using multiple software and hardware, you can expect that there can be several areas where problems can arise from.
Need more help? Here are our recommended resources for more specific solutions to resolve your connection issues:
Now, you’re all hooked up with a seamless connection from your wireless Beats headphones to your preferred device. Lean back and indulge in some excellent audio quality when listening to your favorite tunes or getting acquainted with newly released tracks over the weekend.
We hope our suggestions were useful to connect your Beats headphones with ease. Tell us in the comments section if our solutions worked well for you. Share with us if you’ve got better suggestions.